What Does PFFT Mean?PFFT is "An Expression Of Dismissal". The interjection PFFT (pronounced "pufft") is used to dismiss something that someone has said or typed. When used as a direct response to a statement by another person, PFFT can often be considered quite rude.
Summary of Key Points"An Expression Of Dismissal" is the most common definition for PFFT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||An Expression Of Dismissal|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for PFFTWhen I write PFFT, I mean this:
PFFT usually indicates a lack of interest.
Examples of PFFT in SentencesHere are examples of PFFT being used in conversations:
- Tomi: Drop dead, you jerk! I never want to see you again!
- Mel: PFFT. Does this look like the face of concern?
- Robyn: Dad gave me $100 for every grade A.
- Daryl: PFFT! My dad gave me $100 dollars for each of the Cs.
An Academic Look at PFFTPFFT is an interjection. Interjections are words used to express feeling or emotion. They can be standalone or used as part of a sentence (usually at the start). An interjection can end in an exclamation mark to express a strong feeling or emotion.
What Did We Use To Say?The use of PFFT as an expression of dismissal predates the digital era.
Example of PFFT Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?