What Does CCL Mean?CCL means "Couldn't Care Less". The abbreviation CCL means someone doesn’t care at all about a situation or outcome; it is so unimportant it's not worth talking about.
Confusingly, it is sometimes used defiantly, i.e., when someone does care but wants people to think they don't.
Summary of Key Points"Couldn't Care Less" is the most common definition for CCL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Couldn't Care Less|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for CCLWhen I write CCL, I mean this:
"I don't care!"
Examples of CCL in SentencesHere are examples of CCL being used in conversations:
- Brendon: Did you hear Steve's going out with Hannah now?
- Ali: Good luck to him. I CCL.
- Rita: You've got to hear about this new diet I'm on.
- Jacqui: Really? You've been on so many I CCL anymore.
An Academic Look at CCLAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Cee Cee Ell"), CCL is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
CCL is an idiom, a phrase or saying that is not taken literally, but often uses colourful or imaginative language to describe something or someone.
Example of CCL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?