Meaning of PEBCAK
What Does PEBCAK Mean?PEBCAK means "Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard". PEBCAK is another way of saying "human error". It is typically used by IT specialists to state that the software and hardware are all working fine, but the operator (i.e., the user) is a dimwit.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PEBCAKPEBCAK means "Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard". This is the most common definition for PEBCAK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about PEBCAK:
|Definition:||Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for PEBCAKWhen I write PEBCAK, I mean this:
PEBCAK means "user error".
Examples of PEBCAK in SentencesHere are examples of PEBCAK being used in conversations:
- Person A: Can you have a look at the CFO's printer again? It's still not working
- Person B: PEBCAK (In other words: "It's the CFO's fault. The equipment is fine.")
- Person A: This grammar checker doesn't work!
- Person B: PEBCAK (In other words: "A grammar checker can't fix the amount of errors you generate.")
An Academic Look at PEBCAKPEBCAK is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "The problem exists between the chair and keyboard." Occasionally PEBCAK is used like a noun or an adjective. For example:
- We have a probable PEBCAK in the Finance Departmentl. Please can you investigate? (Here, PEBCAK is a noun.)
- It's definitely a PEBCAK issue. (Here, PEBCAK is an adjective.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "human error" or "operator error" instead of PEBCAK.
A Text with PEBCAK
Using PEBCAK on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)