Meaning of PEBKAC
What Does PEBKAC Mean?PEBKAC means "Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair". PEBKAC is another way of saying "human error". It is typically used by IT professionals to declare that the software and hardware are all working fine, but the operator (i.e., the user) is a fool.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PEBKACPEBKAC means "Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair". This is the most common definition for PEBKAC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about PEBKAC:
|Definition:||Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for PEBKACWhen I write PEBKAC, I mean this:
PEBKAC means "human error."
Examples of PEBKAC in SentencesHere are examples of PEBKAC being used in conversations:
- Person A: I canít get my PC to run Windows Updates.
- Person B: PEBKAC (In other words: "It is the userís fault. The PC is fine.")
- Person A: The disk wonít eject from the computer!
- Person B: PEBKAC (In other words: "It is not the disk or computer that is the problem. It is you.")
An Academic Look at PEBKACPEBKAC is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "The problem exists between the keyboard and the chair." Occasionally PEBKAC is used like a noun or an adjective. For example:
- It looks like we have a PEBKAC in the newsroom. Can you go and see what they are doing wrong? (Here, PEBKAC is a noun.)
- It's definitely a PEBKAC situation. (Here, PEBKAC is an adjective.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "human error" or instead of PEBKAC.
A Text with PEBKAC
Using PEBKAC on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)