Meaning of IAD
What Does IAD Mean?IAD means "It All Depends". The abbreviation IAD typically expresses uncertainty when responding to a question and implies that the answer is contingent upon any number of variables. IAD can also be used to avoid giving a straight answer. For example:
- Simon: Do you fancy a city break this weekend?
- Colin: I'd love to, but IAD if I can get time off work and find someone to feed the cat. (Here, IAD indicates that the answer depends on a number of variables.)
- Police Officer: Sir, have you been drinking?
- Driver: IAD on what you mean by drinking. (Here, IAD is being used to avoid giving a straight answer.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for IADIAD means "It All Depends". This is the most common definition for IAD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about IAD:
|Definition:||It All Depends|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for IADWhen I write IAD, I mean this:
IAD on what you mean by "playing with" and "dirt".
Examples of IAD in SentencesHere are examples of IAD being used in conversations:
- Kiera: Will she be happy about the deal?
- Daisy: Maybe. IAD on what sort of mood she's in.
- Alan: Want to dance?
- Zac: IAD. Are you going to tread all over my feet again?
An Academic Look at IADIAD is an idiomatic phrase (i.e., it uses expressions that are natural to a native speaker).
IAD is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Ay Dee). However, it is not spoken using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IAD is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Maybe, maybe not" or "We will see" instead of using IAD.
A Text with IAD
Using IAD on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)