Meaning of HDY
What Does HDY Mean?HDY means "How Dare You". The abbreviation HDY is used as a declarative response to someone's words or actions and conveys anger, outrage or annoyance.
- "How Dare You" is also abbreviated as HDU.
- "How Dare You" is the title of an album released in 1976 by UK pop/rock band 10cc.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for HDYHDY means "How Dare You". This is the most common definition for HDY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about HDY:
|Definition:||How Dare You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for HDYWhen I write HDY, I mean this:
HDY implies anger or annoyance.
Examples of HDY in SentencesHere are examples of HDY being used in conversations:
- Sam: I told your boss you want to see him about a pay rise.
- Nigel: HDY? You had no right to do that.
- Caroline: I cancelled your holiday booking so you can help me decorate.
- Lydia: What? HDY? I can't believe you've done that.
An Academic Look at HDYHDY is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are offset from the surrounding words with commas. For example:
- HDY, stop that now! (Here, HDY is an interjection expressing annoyance.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "How Dare You" instead of using the abbreviation HDY.
A Text with HDY
Using HDY on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)