What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does HDY Mean?HDY means "How Dare You." The abbreviation HDY is used as a declarative response to someone's words or actions and conveys anger, outrage or annoyance.
- "How Dare You" is also abbreviated as HDU.
- "How Dare You" is the title of an album released in 1976 by UK pop/rock band 10cc.
Summary of Key Points"How Dare You" is the most common definition for HDY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||How Dare You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for HDYWhen I write HDY, I mean this:
HDY implies anger or annoyance.
Examples of HDY in SentencesHere are examples of HDY being used in conversations:
- Sam: I told your boss you want to see him about a pay rise.
- Nigel: HDY? You had no right to do that.
- Caroline: I cancelled your holiday booking so you can help me decorate.
- Lydia: What? HDY? I can't believe you've done that.
An Academic Look at HDYHDY is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are offset from the surrounding words with commas. For example:
- HDY, stop that now! (Here, HDY is an interjection expressing annoyance.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "How Dare You" instead of using the abbreviation HDY.
Example of HDY Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?