Meaning of HDU
What Does HDU Mean?HDU means "How Dare You". The abbreviation HDU is an angry, confrontational expression of shock, outrage or annoyance in response to someone's actions or words.
- "How Dare You" is also abbreviated as HDY.
- "How Dare You" is the title of an album released in 1976 by UK band 10cc.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for HDUHDU means "How Dare You". This is the most common definition for HDU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about HDU:
|Definition:||How Dare You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for HDUWhen I write HDU, I mean this:
HDU is an expression of indignation or anger.
Examples of HDU in SentencesHere are examples of HDU being used in conversations:
- Pete: If I ever need a heart transplant, I'd like to have yours. It's never been used.
- Sophie: HDU, it's not like you're the most romantic person in the world.
- Carol: As you're paying for the holiday, I've upgraded us to the deluxe suite.
- Nick: HDU, I'm not made of money, you know.
An Academic Look at HDUHDU is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are offset from the surrounding words with commas. For example:
- HDU, put that back! (Here, HDU is an interjection expressing annoyance.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "How Dare You" instead of using HDU.
A Text with HDU
Using HDU on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)