What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does HANL Mean?HANL (Have A Nice Life) is used to say "goodbye forever." It can carry the following connotations:
- Our business is done, and I never want to see you again.
- I have deliberately messed up your life, and I never want to see you again.
- Our paths are unlikely to cross again, so goodbye forever.
Summary of Key Points"Have a Nice Life" is the most common definition for HANL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Have a Nice Life|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for HANLWhen I write HANL, I mean this:
HANL can carry a positive or negative sentiment. It depends on context.
Examples of HANL in SentencesHere are examples of HANL being used in conversations:
- Person A: The head gasket has gone on the car you sold me.
- Jordan: It was "sold as seen, mate." HANL. (Here, HANL carries the connotation "our business is done.")
- I've deleted all your files and poured coffee inside your PC HANL. (Here, HANL carries the connotation "I have messed up your life.")
- Good luck in Australia HANL. (Here, HANL carries the connotation "Our paths are unlikely to cross again.")
An Academic Look at HANLHANL is used as a standalone declarative sentence with a meaning similar to "I wish you a nice life."
Of note, HANL is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aich Ay En Ell). (Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "good riddance" (negative) or "God's speed" (positive) instead of HANL.
Example of HANL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?