What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does HANGRY Mean?HANGRY means "Anger Compounded by Hunger" (i.e., made worse by hunger). HANGRY is an amalgam of hungry and angry. It describes the feeling you get when you are bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
Summary of Key Points"Anger Compounded by Hunger" is the most common definition for HANGRY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Anger Compounded by Hunger|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for HANGRYWhen I write HANGRY, I mean this:
A hangry person is bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
Examples of HANGRY in SentencesHere are examples of HANGRY being used in conversations:
- Person A: It's been 45 minutes since we ordered our food. The service here is awful.
- Jordan: I'm not sure about you, but I'm starting to feel really HANGRY!
- Person A: What's rattled your cage this morning?
- Jordan: Sorry, I skipped breakfast this morning so I'm probably just HANGRY.
An Academic Look at HANGRYAs it is formed by merging two words into one, HANGRY is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating hungry and angry.
HANGRY is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- Julie is HANGRY because of her highly restrictive diet.
Example of HANGRY Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?