What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does G1 Mean?G1 means "Good One." The phrase "Good One" is commonly used in response to a statement or joke to show approval. However, it can also be used to express disbelief. For example:
- Person 1: I got picked for the first team!
- Person 2: G1! Well done! (Here, G1 expresses approval.)
- Person 1: I was just consoling her.
- Person 2: G1. You were both naked. (Here, G1 expresses disbelief.)
Summary of Key Points"Good One" is the most common definition for G1 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Image for G1When I write G1, I mean this:
G1 means "Good One."
Examples of G1 in SentencesHere are examples of G1 being used in conversations:
- Sam: There are two rules for success: Rule 1. Don't tell all you know...
- Andrea: G1!
- Pupil: I'm late because my dog was abducted by aliens.
- Teacher: G1! See me after class.
An Academic Look at G1G1 is classed as a saying (i.e., a concisely written or spoken linguistic expression).
G1 is a cyber term, as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym. Initially, cyber terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Well done" instead of using G1.
Second Definition for G1This meaning was also noted:
Adults and Teenagers
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of G1 Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?