What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does AWA Mean?AWA means "As Well As." The abbreviation AWA has a meaning similar to "and" or "also." It is often used to show that something is true of one thing and of another. For example:
- He's smart AWA evil.
Summary of Key Points"As Well As" is the most common definition for AWA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Well As|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AWAWhen I write AWA, I mean this:
"As Well As"
Examples of AWA in SentencesHere are examples of AWA being used in conversations:
- Lucy: Are you going to run in the morning?
- Tony: Sure am AWA going to the gym in the afternoon.
- Rob: We need a new defender for Thursday night.
- Tony: Dan would be up for it.
- Rob: Thanks, but we need someone who can play AWA look good in shorts!
An Academic Look at AWAThe abbreviation AWA is classified as an initialism abbreviation as it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eh Dbl-Yoo Eh"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "As Well As" instead of using the abbreviation AWA.
Example of AWA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?