What Does AFAIAC Mean?AFAIAC means "As Far As I Am Concerned". The abbreviation AFAIAC is typically used to introduce a statement to make it clear the statement is a personal opinion or to express disinterest in a subject. For example:
- AFAIAC there will never be another team like the Jets. (Here, AFAIAC expresses personal opinion.)
- AFAIAC she can do whatever she likes. I´m so over her! (Here, AFAIAC expresses disinterest.)
Summary of Key Points"As Far As I Am Concerned" is the most common definition for AFAIAC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||As Far As I Am Concerned|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AFAIACWhen I write AFAIAC, I mean this:
AFAIAC means I am right.
Examples of AFAIAC in SentencesHere are examples of AFAIAC being used in conversations:
- Louis: AFAIAC alcohol is a perfect solvent: It dissolves marriages, families and careers.
- Toni: AFAIAC I wouldn't take him back if he begged me to.
- Paulo: Really? AFAIAC you're a liar.
An Academic Look at AFAIACAFAIAC is used like an adverb of concession, which is similar in meaning to "although this is just my view". When placed at the start of a sentence, an adverb of concession (or any adverbial phrase) is often followed by a comma to separate it from the main clause. However, in text speak or in online chat forums, this comma is usually omitted for brevity.
AFAIAC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aay Eff Aay Eye Aay Cee), but as this is harder to say than "As far as I am concerned," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AFAIAC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "As Far As I Am Concerned" instead of using the abbreviation AFAIAC.
Example of AFAIAC Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?