What Does 10X Mean?10X means "Thanks." It an informal way of expressing gratitude. There are many ways of saying thank you online, including:
- 10Q (thanks)
- FNX (thanks)
- GRX (thank you from "gracias")
- HT (hat tip (thanks))
- 39 (thank you)
- 3Q (thank you)
- CHEERS (thank you)
- Q (thank you)
- TA (thank you)
- THANQ (thank you)
- TX (thanks)
Summary of Key Points"Thanks" is the most common definition for 10X on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Adults and Teenagers
Image for 10XWhen I write 10X, I mean this:
10X means thanks.
Examples of 10X in SentencesHere are examples of 10X being used in conversations:
- Jason: 10X for explaining the word "many" to me. It means a lot.
- Joe: 10X for nothing, alcohol. We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I've seen the video. We need to talk.
An Academic Look at 10X10X is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "thanks" instead of 10X.
Example of 10X Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?