Meaning of NT
What Does NT Mean?NT most commonly means "No Thanks". Of note, however, the abbreviation NT has several meanings:
- No Thanks. No Thanks is by the far the most common meaning for NT.
- Next Time. Next Time (meaning you'll do something on another occasion) is also fairly common.
- Nice Try. Nice Try is the least common of the three meanings. It is a response to discovering that someone is trying to catch you out.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for NTNT means "No Thanks". This is the most common definition for NT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about NT:
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for NTWhen I write NT, I mean this:
NT usually means "No Thanks"
Examples of NT in SentencesHere are examples of NT being used in conversations:
- Harry: Do you want to watch a horror film tonight?
- Alice: You must be joking, NT. (Here, NT means No Thanks.)
- Carl: The party tonight has been cancelled so you won't see that girl you're after.
- Mike: I'm already here, buddy. NT. (Here, NT means Nice Try.)
An Academic Look at NTAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "En Tee"), NT is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "no, thank you" instead of NT.
A Text with NT
Using NT on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)