Meaning of TBH
What Does TBH Mean?TBH usually means "To Be Honest", but it can also mean "Honest Opinion". When it means To Be Honest, TBH often starts a sentence. For example:
- TBH, I preferred your old hairstyle.
- Like my recent (LMR) picture, and I'll post some TBHs. (Like my recent picture and I'll post some honest opinions [on your profile].)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for TBHTBH means "To Be Honest" or "Honest Opinion" (especially on Snapchat). This is the most common definition for TBH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about TBH:
|Definition:||To Be Honest or Honest Opinion|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for TBHWhen I write TBH, I mean this:
This image shows a man holding his hands over his heart, which is a common gesture to portray sincerity.
Examples of TBH in SentencesHere are some examples of TBH being used in sentences:
- Person A: Did you enjoy my party?
- Person B: TBH, I didn't like the music.
- Person A: Do you really think that selfie made me look like a hamster?
- Person B: That's my TBH.
An Academic Look at TBHTBH is an infinitive phrase. It is typically used as an adjective phrase meaning "Speaking with complete honesty". For example:
- I don't like your new boyfriend tbh. (Speaking with complete honesty, I don't like your new boyfriend.)
(Note: Speaking with complete honesty is a type of adjective phrase called a participle phrase.)
- Do you want my TBH? (Here, TBH is used as a noun.)
A Text with TBH
Using TBH on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)