What Does 2BH Mean?2BH means "To be honest". It is typically used to introduce a frank opinion.
Be aware when using 2BH because it can:
- Appear condescending.
- Come across as combative.
- Suggest you may have been lying on previous occasions (i.e., you felt the need to declare your honesty on this occasion).
Video Summarizing 2BHHere is a video summarizing 2BH:
Summary of Key Points"To Be Honest" is the most common definition for 2BH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||To Be Honest|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for 2BHWhen I write 2BH, I mean this:
2BH means to be honest.
Examples of 2BH in SentencesHere are examples of 2BH being used in conversations:
- 2BH, my husband and I were happy for twenty years...but, then we met.
- Claire: What do you think of my new dress?
- Diane: Well, 2BH it doesn't do you any favours.
An Academic Look at 2BH2BH is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "to be honest" instead of 2BH.
Example of 2BH Used in a Text