What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does SOUND Mean?SOUND means "good," "acceptable," or "reliable." The word SOUND is very common in the UK, especially in the North West around Liverpool. It is also seen in the British simile "sound as a pound."
Summary of Key Points
Definition for SOUNDSOUND means "good," "acceptable," or "reliable" (UK). This is the most common meaning for SOUND on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
|Definition:||Good, Acceptable, Reliable (UK)|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for SOUNDWhen I write SOUND, I mean this:
SOUND is a common adjective in the UK.
Examples of SOUND in SentencesHere are examples of SOUND being used in conversations:
- Tony: Have you met Claire? Isn't she SOUND?
- Jordan: Yes, I like her too.
- Tony: I'm running late, but I'll be there before the film starts.
- Jordan: Okay, that's SOUND.
An Academic Look at SOUNDSOUND is used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- Your new girlfriend is SOUND. (Here, the adjective SOUND modifies the noun girlfriend.)
Example of SOUND Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?