Meaning of SOUND
What Does SOUND Mean?SOUND means "good", "acceptable" or "reliable". The word SOUND is very common in the UK, especially in the North West around Liverpool. It is also seen in the British simile "sound as a pound".
Summary of Key Points
Definition for SOUNDSOUND means "good", "acceptable", or "reliable" (UK). This is the most common meaning for SOUND on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. Here is some more information about SOUND:
|Definition:||Good, Acceptable, Reliable (UK)|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for SOUNDWhen I write SOUND, I mean this:
SOUND is a common adjective in the UK.
Examples of SOUND in SentencesHere are examples of SOUND being used in conversations:
- Person A: Have you met Claire? Isn't she SOUND?
- Person B: Yes, I like her too.
- Person A: I'm running late, but I'll be there before the film starts.
- Person B: Okay, that's SOUND.
An Academic Look at SOUNDSOUND is used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- Your new girlfriend is SOUND. (Here, the adjective SOUND modifies the noun girlfriend.)
A Text with SOUND
Using SOUND on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)