SMH (on Instagram in particular)
What Does SMH Mean?The abbreviation SMH means Shaking My Head. It does not mean "no" like classic head shaking might. SMH usually translates as one of following:
- "Your idiocy leaves me speechless!"
- "I can't believe it. What are you like?"
- "Honestly, I do not approve of that."
Video Summarizing SMHHere is a video summarizing SMH:
Summary of Key Points"Shaking My Head" is the most common definition for SMH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about SMH:
|Definition:||Shaking My Head|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for SMHWhen I write SMH, I mean this:
Usually, "Shaking My Head" best translates as "I have no words for your stupidity."
Examples of SMH in SentencesHere are some examples of SMH being used in sentences:
- Was that your comment in the suggestions book? SMH.
- Person A: I bought those shoes! I won't be able to buy any food this week.
- Person B: SMH
An Academic Look at SMHSMH is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ess Em Aich). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
The term SMH cannot be easily categorized as a particular part of speech because it often plays the role of an entire clause or a sentence. For example:
- SMH. That was a crazy decision. (Here, SMH translates as "I am shaking my head." It is a sentence.)
- I am driving SMH. (Here, SMH best translates as "while shaking my head." It is a dependent clause.)
A Text with SMH