What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does REDONCULOUS Mean?The word REDONCULOUS (sometimes written REDONKULOUS) means "beyond ridiculous."
REDONCULOUS plays on the idea that the syllables "e" and "o" are both heavier than the syllable "i," meaning redonculous has more gravitas than ridiculous.
Summary of Key Points"Slang term for ridiculous" is the most common definition for REDONCULOUS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for REDONCULOUSWhen I write REDONCULOUS, I mean this:
The image shows a man with tattoos that most people would consider beyond ridiculous (or redonculous).
Examples of REDONCULOUS in SentencesHere are examples of REDONCULOUS being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Can you lose weight by rubbing your legs?
- Jordan: No, don't be REDONCULOUS.
- "Jimmy Crack Corn" is a REDONCULOUS song. I mean, if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there even a song about him?
An Academic Look at REDONCULOUSREDONCULOUS is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- That is a REDONCULOUS argument. (Here, the adjective REDONCULOUS modifies the noun argument. It is being used as an attributive adjective, i.e., one that sits before the noun it modifies.)
- Your argument is REDONCULOUS. (Here, REDONCULOUS is being used as a predicative adjective, i.e., one that sits after the noun it modifies.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "extremely unwise" or "totally foolish" instead of REDONCULOUS.
Example of REDONCULOUS Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?