Meaning of REDONCULOUS
What Does REDONCULOUS Mean?The word REDONCULOUS (sometimes written REDONKULOUS) means "beyond ridiculous".
REDONCULOUS plays on the idea that the syllables "e" and "o" are both heavier than the syllable "i", meaning redonculous has more gravitas than ridiculous.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for REDONCULOUSREDONCULOUS means "Slang term for ridiculous". This is the most common definition for REDONCULOUS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about REDONCULOUS:
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for REDONCULOUSWhen I write REDONCULOUS, I mean this:
The image shows a man with tattoos that most people would consider beyond ridiculous (or redonculous).
Examples of REDONCULOUS in SentencesHere are examples of REDONCULOUS being used in conversations:
- Person A: Can you lose weight by rubbing your legs?
- Person B: No, don't be REDONCULOUS.
- "Jimmy Crack Corn" is a REDONCULOUS song. I mean, if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there even a song about him?
An Academic Look at REDONCULOUSREDONCULOUS is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- That is a REDONCULOUS argument. (Here, the adjective REDONCULOUS modifies the noun argument. It is being used as an attributive adjective, i.e., one that sits before the noun it modifies.)
- Your argument is REDONCULOUS. (Here, REDONCULOUS is being used as a predicative adjective, i.e., one that sits after the noun it modifies.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "extremely unwise" or "totally foolish" instead of REDONCULOUS.
A Text with REDONCULOUS
Using REDONCULOUS on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)