What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does OBVI Mean?OBVI means "Obviously."
The abbreviation OBVI is a contraction of the word "Obviously." It is typically used as a single word reply to a statement or a question that doesn't need a detailed response because the answer is so apparent.
OBVI is one of many abbreviations of the word "Obvious." Others include "Obvious" ones, such as OBS and OBV, as well as less "Obvious" ones, such as IKH (I Know, Huh) and LDO (Like Duh, Obviously).
Summary of Key Points"Obviously" is the most common definition for OBVI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for OBVIWhen I write OBVI, I mean this:
OBVI is an obvious contraction of the word "Obviously."
Examples of OBVI in SentencesHere are examples of OBVI being used in conversations:
- Julie: Who's gonna win tonight?
- Jake: We are. OBVI.
- Mother: Why do you call your new boyfriend "Donkey"?
- Daughter: Because he's as strong as a mule, OBVI.
An Academic Look at OBVIOBVI is a shortened version of the word "Obviously." Therefore it is a contraction. Contractions tend to be formed in one of three ways:
- Using letters from the start of the word (as is the case with "Obviously").
- Using letters from the start and end of the word (e.g., Dr from Doctor).
- Using an apostrophe to replace a letter or letters (e.g., can't from cannot).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Of course!" instead of using OBVI.
Example of OBVI Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?