What Does NVM Mean?NVM (Never Mind) is typically used as a response to:
- To tell someone not to concern themselves over an issue. (In this case, it means "don't bother if it's too much trouble".)
- Console someone's bad news. (In this case, it means "try not to worry about it".)
- NVM about paying me back.
Summary of Key Points"Never Mind" is the most common definition for NVM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about NVM:
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for NVMWhen I write NVM, I mean this:
NVM can mean "ah, shame" or "don't bother yourself".
Examples of NVM in SentencesHere are examples of NVM being used in sentences:
- Person A: Please can you buy me some beers for tonight's party when you're at the store?
- Person B: I'll be on my bike, and I don't have a rucksack.
- Person A: Okay, NVM. (Here, NVM means "don't bother if it's too much trouble".)
- Person A: My girlfriend has extended her holiday for an extra week.
- Person B: Ah, NVM. (Here, NVM means "try not to worry about it".)
- Person A: How much money have you got for tonight?
- Person B: NVM. (Here, NVM stands for Not Very Much.)
An Academic Look at NVMNVM is a standalone imperative sentence (i.e., an order, albeit a mild one). Of note, NVM is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., En Vee Em). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Never mind is two words. (NB: There is a Nirvana album called "Nevermind".)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have written something like "Do you know what? Don't bother" or "That's such a shame" instead of NVM.
Summary of Key Points
Second Definition for NVMThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Not Very Much|
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
A Text with NVM