What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does MMO Mean?MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online in an online gaming context.
It is a term, which is widespread in the gaming industry, to denote an online game with a large player base. MMO games cover a variety of genres including RPGs (Role Player Games) and FPS (First Person Shooters). The abbreviation MMO is most commonly seen the longer abbreviation MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Play Game). "World of Warcraft" and "Skyforge" are well-known examples of MMORPGs. MMOs are usually one of the following:
- Free-To-Play (F2P) . With F2P games, there is no cost to obtain the software, and there is no subscription. However, some MMOs labelled as F2P include microtransactions (see also the Freemium model).
- Freemium. With Freemium, the majority (or all) of the game is free but players usually pay for additional content such as character customization and added skills.
- Buy-To-Play (B2P) . With B2P, the MMO must be purchased outright at the start (i.e., there is no later subscription), B2P games often include microtransactions for additional skills.
- Pay-To-Play (P2P). With B2P, the MMO is usually bought via a monthly subscription. B2P games can also include an initial fee.
Summary of Key Points"Massively Multiplayer Online" is the most common definition for MMO on online gaming forums.
|Definition:||Massively Multiplayer Online|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of MMO in SentencesHere is an example of MMO being used in an online conversation:
- Jack: I'm playing EverQuest tonight.
- Jason: What's that?
- Jack: Are you kidding? It's a top MMO.
Example of MMO Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?