What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does MMORPG Mean?MMORPG means Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing in an online gaming context.
It is a common term for a popular online game. MMORPG refers to games that feature millions of players occupying the same game world. Most MMORPGs are adventure games. The players can be people or computerized bots.
MMOs are usually one of the following:
- Free-To-Play (F2P) . With F2P games, there is no cost to obtain the software, and there is no subscription. However, some MMOs labelled as F2P include microtransactions (see also the Freemium model).
- Freemium. With Freemium, the majority (or all) of the game is free but players usually pay for additional content such as character customization and added skills.
- Buy-To-Play (B2P) . With B2P, the MMO must be purchased outright at the start (i.e., there is no later subscription), B2P games often include microtransactions for additional skills.
- Pay-To-Play (P2P). With B2P, the MMO is usually bought via a monthly subscription. B2P games can also include an initial fee.
Summary of Key Points"Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing" is the most common definition for MMORPG on online gaming forums.
|Definition:||Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of MMORPG in SentencesHere is an example of MMORPG being used in an online conversation:
- Jack: What's your preferred MMORPG?
- Jill: Mmm, it's hard to look past World of Warcraft, but I also like Runescape.
Example of MMORPG Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?