What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does MACHING Mean?The word MACHING (pronounced "mashing") means travelling at maximum speed. It has a connotation of "travelling so quickly as to be barely in control." MACHING is most commonly used by dare-devil amateur sportsmen partaking in skiing, biking, or skateboarding.
Summary of Key Points"Going at Maximum Speed" is the most common definition for MACHING on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Going at Maximum Speed|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for MACHINGWhen I write MACHING, I mean this:
Maching means "going hell for leather."
Examples of EWW in SentencesHere are examples of MACHING being used in conversations:
- Person A: Bob was maching down the moguls.
- Jordan: He's been skiing every year since he was four.
- My board developed a speed wobble when I was maching down the high street.
An Academic Look at MACHINGThe word MACHING is nearly always used as a gerund or a present participle (i.e., a word ending "-ing"). For example:
- I was maching. (Here, MACHING is a present participle.)
- I love maching. (Here, MACHING is a gerund, i.e., a noun derived from a verb.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "going at breakneck speed" or "going hell for leather" instead of MACHING.
Example of MACHING Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?