What Does LYR Mean?LYR means "Love You Really". The abbreviation LYR is a humorous way of reassuring someone that you really do care about them, even though your actions may indicate otherwise. The abbreviation LYR usually has very little to do with actual love, but does imply a level of fondness and a close, friendly relationship.
The use of the abbreviation LYR in text messaging is usually only appropriate between close friends or family members and very close colleagues.
Summary of Key Points"Love You Really" is the most common definition for LYR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Love You Really|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LYRWhen I write LYR, I mean this:
"Love You Really"
Examples of LYR in SentencesHere are examples of LYR being used in conversations:
- Dave: Pete! I can't believe you drank all the milk and didn't tell me!
- Pete: Sorry mate, I forgot. You know I LYR.
- Dave: Hi Carol, I need you to come in early tomorrow.
- Carol: OK boss. Sometimes I think that I might as well live in that office.
- Dave: Sorry to have to ask. You know I LYR.
An Academic Look at LYRLYR is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ell Why Arr), but as this is harder to say than "Love You Really", it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LYR is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "Love You Really" instead of using the abbreviation LYR.
Example of LYR Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?