What Does JEWFRO Mean?JEWFRO means "Curly Jewish Hairstyle". The term JEWFRO describes a Jewish person's large and curly hair. (A JEWFRO is so curly it closely resembles a FRO (an afro).)
As the JEWFRO has been worn by some beloved Jewish actors (e.g., Larry David, Andy Samberg, Jonah Hill), the term is generally not considered as insulting.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for JEWFROJEWFRO means "Curly Jewish Hair Style". This is the most common meaning for JEWFRO on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
|Definition:||Curly Jewish Hair Style|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for JEWFROWhen I write JEWFRO, I mean this:
JEWFRO is a portmanteau word from Jew and Afro.
Examples of JEWFRO in SentencesHere are examples of JEWFRO being used in conversations:
- Tony: Jonah Hill cut his JEWFRO for his latest movie.
- Jordan: That's a shame. I loved his hair.
- Tony: Why do you call John JEWFRO?
- Jordan: He's Jewish and has really curly hair.
An Academic Look at JEWFROAs it is formed by merging two words into one, JEWFRO is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating jew and afro.
Example of JEWFRO Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?