What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IDWTAI Mean?IDWTAI means "I Don't Wanna Talk About It."
The abbreviation IDWTAI is a contraction of the phrase "I Don't Want To Talk About It" and typically indicates that the sender has no desire for a conversation on the subject in question. However, IDWTAI is often used in a contradictory manner and actually indicates that the sender very much wants to talk about something. For example:
- Greg: Did you really fall asleep on the bathroom floor last night?
- Jan: IDWTAI (Here, IDWTAI probably indicates a genuine lack of desire to talk.)
- Nick: Did you really date George Clooney in school?
- Stevie: IDWTAI. He bought me this ring. (Here, IDWTAI probably indicates a willingness to talk.)
Image for IDWTAIWhen I write IDWTAI, I mean this: IDWTAI doesn't always indicate a real reluctance to chat.
Summary of Key Points"I Don't Wanna Talk About It" is the most common definition for IDWTAI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Don't Wanna Talk About It|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IDWTAI in SentencesHere are examples of IDWTAI being used in conversations:
- Stacey: Were your parents really mad at you for getting home late?
- Leah: Yeah, it was horrible. IDWTAI.
- Simon: Chris said you had a row with him.
- Andrew: IDWTAI.
An Academic Look at IDWTAIIDWTAI is an abbreviation of the sentence "I Don't Want To Talk About It." It is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Dee Dublyo Tee Ay Eye), but as this is harder to say than "I Don't Wanna Talk About It," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IDWTAI is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "I Don't Wanna Talk About It" instead of using IDWTAI.
Example of IDWTAI Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what IDWTAI means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?