What Does IDEKY Mean?IDEKY means "I Don't Even Know You". The abbreviation IDEKY is typically used in response to an unusual request from an acquaintance or stranger. It can also be used to express surprise when a friend or family member behaves unexpectedly, or to indicate anger or annoyance with a close friend or partner. For example:
- Forum Member 1: Wanna go someplace private and tell me what you're wearing?
- Forum Member 2: What a strange thing to say. IDEKY! (Here, IDEKY expresses surprise at an unusual request from an acquaintance.)
- Brother 1: I have left Sue, quit my job and am going to sail around the world.
- Brother 2: What?! Sometimes I think IDEKY! (Here, IDEKY expresses surprise.)
- Lover 1: It's not you, it's me. I hope we can still be friends.
- Lover 2: Friends?! As far as I'm concerned, IDEKY. (Here, IDEKY expresses anger.)
Summary of Key Points"I Don't Even Know You" is the most common definition for IDEKY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||I Don't Even Know You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for IDEKYWhen I write IDEKY, I mean this:
IDEKY often expresses bewilderment.
Examples of IDEKY in SentencesHere are examples of IDEKY being used in conversations:
- Pete: Do you fancy two weeks in the Bahamas?
- Ruth: Aren't you the guy from Accounts? IDEKY.
- Carmen: I like pulling the legs off of spiders.
- Jason: I never knew you could be so unkind. I feel like IDEKY.
An Academic Look at IDEKYIDEKY is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Dee Ee Kay Why), but as this is harder to say than "I Don't Even Know You," it is not often said using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IDEKY is for efficiency in writing rather than efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Don't Even Know You" instead of using IDEKY.
Example of IDEKY Used in a Text