Meaning of IDEK
What Does IDEK Mean?IDEK (I Don't Even Know) is most commonly used after an admittance of doing something stupid. In this meaning, the full version would be "I don't even known why I did it."
IDEK can also be used to portray an element of surprise at not knowing something that ought to be known.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for IDEKIDEK means "I Don't Even Know". This is the most common definition for IDEK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about IDEK:
|Definition:||I Don't Even Know|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for IDEKWhen I write IDEK, I mean this:
The full version of IDEK would be "I don't even known why I did it."
Examples of IDEK in SentencesHere are examples of IDEK being used in conversations:
- Person A: Did you get caught trying to steal that pepper grinder from the restaurant?
- Person B: Yeah, IDEK. (Here, IDEK means "I don't even know why I did it.")
- Person A: What's the capital of Russia?
- Person B: Russia? IDEK the capital of here. (Here, IDEK means "I don't even know" and emphasizes that something that should be known isn't known.)
An Academic Look at IDEKIDEK is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence with the meaning "I don't even know why I did it." However, it can also be used like a transitive verb (i.e., one that takes a direct object). For example:
- IDEK how to boil an egg. (Here, the direct object is the noun clause how to boil an egg.)
Of note, IDEK could be pronounced "ideck," which would make it an acronym as opposed to an initialism (pronounced using its individual letters, i.e., Aye Dee Ee Kay). However, as the term "ideck" is not in common use, IDEK must be considered an initialism abbreviation.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I really have no idea" instead of IDEK.
A Text with IDEK
Using IDEK on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)