Meaning of HML
What Does HML Mean?HML means "Hate My Life". The abbreviation HML is used with the meaning "Hate My Life" when the sender is feeling unhappy with a situation over which they have no control.
- HML has the same meaning as the abbreviation IHML (I hate my life)
- HML is also sometimes used with the meaning "Hit My Line", which indicates that someone wishes to move from text-based chat to a phone call and wants the other person to call them.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for HMLHML means "Hate My Life". This is the most common definition for HML on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about HML:
|Definition:||Hate My Life|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for HMLWhen I write HML, I mean this:
HML means that life is getting you down.
Examples of HML in SentencesHere are examples of HML being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Are you coming to the coast in August?
- Eddie: I can't. I've got to work all summer. HML!
- Rowena: What time will you be home?
- Steve: I just don't know. I have so much work to do. HML!
An Academic Look at HMLHML is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Aitch Emm Ell). However, when used with the meaning "Hate My Life", HML is not usually uttered using its letters. In this context, it is used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
HML is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Life Sucks" instead of using the abbreviation HML.
A Text with HML
Using HML on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)