What Does GBFN Mean?GBFN means "Goodbye for Now."
Image for GBFN
When I write GBFN, I mean this:
"Goodbye For Now"
Summary of Key Points"Goodbye for Now" is the most common definition for GBFN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Goodbye for Now|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
What Does GBFN Mean?GBFN means "Goodbye For Now." It is an abbreviation used at the end of a conversation as a way of saying goodbye temporarily. GBFN usually indicates that contact will be re-established quite soon.
Examples of GBFN in SentencesHere are examples of GBFN being used in conversations:
- Lyn: I will be offline for a while, but will be back tonight.
- Pete: OK. GBFN.
- Mandy: I have to leave it there for today. GBFN.
- Ken: OK. Bye.
An Academic Look at GBFNGBFN is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Bee Eff Enn). The abbreviation GBFN is not normally used in direct speech, but the phrase “Goodbye for now” can often be heard at the end of television or radio programmes, such as the news or chat shows. The abbreviation GBFN is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation GBFN is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Goodbye for now”. GBFN is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Bye for now" instead of GBFN.
Example of GBFN Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBBFN (bye bye for now) B4N (bye for now) BB4N (bye bye for now) BBFN (bye bye for now) BFN (bye for now) CFN (ciao for now) FFN (farewell for now) IGNB (i'm going now bye) CIAO (hello or goodbye (from italian)) HOOROO (hello or goodbye)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.