What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does GA Mean?GA means "Go Ahead." The abbreviation GA is used with the meaning "Go Ahead" to indicate to the recipient that they may start or continue to do something. For example:
- Person 1: Can I ask you a personal question?
- Person 2: No probs. GA.
Summary of Key Points"Go Ahead" is the most common definition for GA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for GAWhen I write GA, I mean this:
GA is the green light to Go Ahead.
Examples of GA in SentencesHere are examples of GA being used in conversations:
- Worker: Can I take the afternoon off tomorrow?
- Boss: Sure GA. I can't afford to pay you anyway.
- Sally: Need to cancel our date for Saturday night. I'm going out with the girls.
- Tony: No problem. GA. My ex had asked me to meet up then anyway.
An Academic Look at GAGA is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Ay). However, it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation GA is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like, "go ahead" or "carry on" instead of using the abbreviation GA.
Example of GA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?