What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does G2S Mean?G2S means "Go to Sleep." The abbreviation G2S is typically used as a statement to let someone know it's time to finish a conversation and "Go To Sleep." G2S is most often used when the sender is bored with the conversation and wishes to bring it to an end as quickly as possible.
"Go To Sleep" is the title of a track by American rapper and hip-hop artist, Eminem, from the album "Cradle 2 The Grave" (2003).
Image for G2SWhen I write G2S, I mean this: G2S usually means that the sender really wants to end a conversation.
Summary of Key Points"Go to Sleep" is the most common definition for G2S on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Go to Sleep|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of G2S in SentencesHere are examples of G2S being used in conversations:
- Amelia: Can I come over?
- Chris: No, it's late.
- Amelia: I miss you.
- Chris: I'll see you tomorrow. Now G2S.
- Nick: Can I just run my report past you? It'll only take an hour.
- Tim: G2S. I'll look at it tomorrow.
An Academic Look at G2SG2S is typically used as an imperative (i.e., an order). It is also classified as a cyber term, as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym.
Cyber terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of G2S Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what G2S means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?