What Does FOMO Mean?A FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) is a concern that other people might be having rewarding experiences without you. A FOMO is characterized by the need to remain engaged with others' activities to ensure you do not miss out on something fun, exciting, beneficial, or profitable.
Summary of Key Points"Fear of Missing Out" is the most common definition for FOMO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about FOMO:
|Definition:||Fear of Missing Out|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for FOMOWhen I write FOMO, I mean this:
The image shows a busy mum interacting on lots of social-media platforms because of her fear of missing out.
Examples of FOMO in SentencesHere are some examples of FOMO being used in sentences:
- Person A: Did you invest in those new oil wells?
- Person B: Yes. As usual, my FOMO influenced my thinking.
- Person A: Why are going to the lake?
- Person B: FOMO because they might turn the fountains on again.
An Academic Look at FOMOFOMO is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters. FOMO typically plays the role of a noun, but it is occasionally seen as an adjective. For example:
- My FOMO makes me attend every session. (Here, FOMO is a noun.)
- It is my FOMO complex. (Here, FOMO is an adjective.)
A Text with FOMO