What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does FIFY Mean?FIFY means "Fixed It For You." The phrase "Fixed It For You" means that someone has sorted out a problem on your behalf (e.g., repaired your computer or corrected a mistake).
The abbreviation FIFY is often used in online forums to contradict something that another user has written. For example:
- User 1: Everyone knows that Breaking Bad was much better than Game of Thrones.
- User 2: What you meant to say was, "In my worthless opinion and that of the very few friends that I have, BB was better then GOT." There, FIFY.
Summary of Key Points"Fixed It for You" is the most common definition for FIFY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Fixed It for You|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for FIFYWhen I write FIFY, I mean this:
FIFY means someone has solved or "fixed" a problem for you.
Examples of FIFY in SentencesHere are examples of FIFY being used in conversations:
- Hannah: I forgot to send Mum a birthday card!
- Terry: Don't worry, I FIFY and included your name on my card.
- Chris: I've lost my ticket for the gig tonight.
- Steve: FIFY. There'll be one on the door when you arrive.
An Academic Look at FIFYFIFY is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters. FIFY is an abbreviation of the sentence "I fixed it for you."
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I've sorted it for you" instead of using FIFY.
Example of FIFY Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?