What Does COUGAR Mean?A COUGAR is the term used for an older woman (typically in her 40s) seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man. The word COUGAR tends not to be used in a derogatory way. In fact, it carries a connotation of the woman being sexy, if a little predatory. COUGAR is one of several animal-related terms that have emerged to describe the age difference between male and female partners. For example:
- JAGUAR (woman (50+) who likes younger men)
- KITTEN (woman with an older man)
- PANTHER (woman who likes older men)
- PUMA (woman in her 30s who dates younger men)
- RHINO (older man looking for a younger woman)
- TROUT (older man looking for a younger woman)
Summary of Key Points"Older Woman Hunting a Younger Man" is the most common definition for COUGAR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Older Woman Hunting a Younger Man|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Image for COUGARWhen I write COUGAR, I mean this:
The image shows a woman (the "cougar") with a younger man.
Examples of COUGAR in SentencesHere is an example of COUGAR being used in a conversation:
- Person A: Is that John's new girlfriend?
- Jordan: Yes, she's a real COUGAR.
- Person A: Lucky John!
An Academic Look at COUGARThe word COUGAR typically plays the role of a noun, but it is occasionally seen as an adjective. For example:
- I need a one-night stand with a COUGAR. (Here, COUGAR is a noun.)
- You need some COUGAR action, mate. (Although rare, COUGAR can also be used as an adjective.)
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "an experienced mistress" instead of COUGAR.
Example of COUGAR Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?