Meaning of BTT
What Does BTT Mean?BTT means "Bump to Top". The abbreviation BTT is used in chat forums and on message boards to move or "bump" a message thread (i.e., a conversation) to the top of the page. This is usually done by simply adding a comment (with the term BTT in it) that makes the thread the most recent, which usually puts it to the top again. The purpose of BTT-ing a thread is to encourage visitors to the site to engage on the thread topic.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for BTTBTT means "Bump to Top (relates to posts of forums)". This is the most common definition for BTT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about BTT:
|Definition:||Bump to Top (relates to posts of forums)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for BTTWhen I write BTT, I mean this:
BTT means "Bump To Top".
Examples of BTT in SentencesHere are examples of BTT being used in conversations:
- Aaron: Your post hasn't had many hits this week.
- Ben: Yeah, I'll BTT to get it seen.
- Rhea: She's never going to sell that.
- Todd: I know, she BTT, but no-one ever comments.
An Academic Look at BTTBTT can be used as a verb or a noun. For example:
- I will BTT that thread. (Here, BTT is being used as a verb.)
- I have done a BTT to this thread to keep the conversation going. (Here, BTT is being used as a noun.)
A Text with BTT
Using BTT on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)