What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does BOOKTOK Mean?BOOKTOK means "Book TikTok." Booktok is a part of TikTok where readers, mainly girls in their teens and 20s, post content relating to books. It is typically accessed by the hashtag #BookTok. The #BookTok hashtag has over 5.8 billion views, and since its popularity, some authors have seen huge increase in book sales for books that are often decades old. Thanks to a new wave of book-loving influencers discussing their favourite books, many bookstores have now introduced a "popular on TikTok" section in both their store and their website. For example: booktok.jpg
Summary of Key Points"Book TikTok" is the most common definition for BOOKTOK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Image for BOOKTOKWhen I write BOOKTOK, I mean this:
[The #BookTok hashtag has over 5.8 billion views.]
Examples of BOOKTOK in SentencesHere are examples of BOOKTOK being used in conversations:
- Toni: I need recommendations for a book.
- Jo: Get yourself on BOOKTOK.
- Abigail: I found this cool book They Both Die at the End.
- Thomas: I've seen BOOKTOK talk about that!
An Academic Look at BOOKTOKBookTok is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- Are you on #booktok? It's such a cool community, you should totally check it out! (Here, BOOKTOK is being used as a noun.)
Example of BOOKTOK Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?