Meaning of BION
What Does BION Mean?BION means "Believe It Or Not". The abbreviation BION, meaning "Believe It Or Not", is typically used to introduce a statement that the speaker expects to be met with disbelief. For example:
- Patient: BION, I eat much less than all of my friends.
- Doctor: BION, that's what 90% of my obese patients say.
- "Believe it or Not" is the title of the theme song to The Greatest American Hero, a comedy-drama television series that aired for three seasons from 1981 to 1983 on ABC.
- "Ripley's Believe it or Not" is a museum in London, with kitschy oddities on display, including shrunken human heads & rare animal skeletons.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for BIONBION means "Believe It or Not". This is the most common definition for BION on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about BION:
|Definition:||Believe It or Not|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for BIONWhen I write BION, I mean this:
BION usually means "you're not going to believe this, but..."
Examples of BION in SentencesHere are examples of BION being used in jokes:
- I have just been researching the effects of alcohol on balance. BION the results were staggering.
- I was having a terrible day at work, so I went for a walk to clear my head. BION the passenger in my cab went crazy.
An Academic Look at BIONBION is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Bee Eye Oh Enn). However, as the abbreviation BION is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Believe It Or Not" instead of using the abbreviation BION.
A Text with BION
Using BION on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)