What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does BBQ Mean? (Using BBQ Online)BBQ means "Barbecue" and "Better Be Quick."
The abbreviation BBQ has two common definitions:
- "Barbeque." The abbreviation BBQ is most often used to mean "Barbecue." This use of BBQ is common amongst native English-speakers.
- "Better Be Quick." Sometimes, the abbreviation BBQ is used to indicate that the sender wishes something to be done without delay. In this context, BBQ is similar in meaning to AQAP ("As Quickly As Possible").
Summary of Key Points"Barbecue" is the most common definition for BBQ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for BBQWhen I write BBQ, I mean this:
The BBQ is an Australian institution.
Examples of BBQ in SentencesHere are examples of BBQ being used in conversations:
- Tony: Fancy coming to my place for a few beers this Saturday?
- Jordan: That would be great, thanks. Are you gonna do a BBQ? (Here, BBQ means "Barbecue.")
- Tony: I am gonna ask Fiona out.
- Jordan: BBQ. You're not the only one who's interested. (Here, BBQ means "Better Be Quick.")
An Academic Look at BBQBBQ is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Bee Bee Kew"). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Better Be Quick" or "Barbecue" instead of using BBQ.
Second Definition for BBQThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Better Be Quick|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of BBQ Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?