Meaning of BBG
What Does BBG Mean?BBG (Better Be Going) is used to end a conversation. Often, the reason for leaving the conversation is not specified because:
- The reason is understood between the chatters.
- The person ending the conversation does not have a valid reason for leaving but is pretending there is one.
- The person ending the conversation thinks it has run its course.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for BBGBBG means "Better Be Going". This is the most common definition for BBG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about BBG:
|Definition:||Better Be Going|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for BBGWhen I write BBG, I mean this:
"Yes, I really must be going now."
Examples of BBG in SentencesHere are examples of BBG being used in conversations:
- Person A: Good to talk to you BBG.
- Person B: Okay. Speak later.
- Person A: She was like "yeah?", and I was like "definitely". She was like "you think so, do you?" and I was literally like "yeah". She was like "whatever", but I was literally like "whatever".
- Person B: Anyway, BBG.
An Academic Look at BBGBBG is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "I had better be going." In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
BBG is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Bee Bee Gee). (Of note, initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I really must skedaddle" instead of BBG.
A Text with BBG
Using BBG on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)