Meaning of BAU
What Does BAU Mean?BAU means "Business As Usual". The abbreviation BAU is typically used to mean "Business As Usual". It refers to the normal daily routine and is often used to stress that things are carrying on as normal, despite an unforeseen incident. For example:
- My PC has crashed, but I have my laptop, so it's BAU.
- The fire destroyed part of the office area, but for the rest of the factory it's BAU.
- The people in the besieged city were dying of starvation, but for the UN Security Council, it was BAU.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for BAUBAU means "Business As Usual". This is the most common definition for BAU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about BAU:
|Definition:||Business As Usual|
An Image for BAUWhen I write BAU, I mean this:
BAU: Things are carrying on as normal.
Examples of BAU in SentencesHere are examples of BAU being used in conversations:
- Sally: He is such shirker. He still hasn't done what I asked him to do!
- David: That's BAU for Tom. He is great at multitasking. He can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once!
- Hank: I would give my dad what he really wants on Father's Day, but I can't afford to move out yet, so it's BAU.
An Academic Look at BAUBAU is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Bee Ay, Yoo), but as this is harder to say than "Business As Usual" it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation BAU is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "life goes on" or "nothing has changed" instead of using the abbreviation BAU.
A Text with BAU
Using BAU on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)