What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does AYW Mean?AYW means "As You Wish."
The abbreviation AYW is used as an expression of agreement to something. However, it is typically used to imply that the speaker does not really agree with what has been said or is not completely happy with the way that something has been said.
The phrase "As You Wish" features prominently in the classic adventure/romance film "The Princess Bride" (1987).
Summary of Key Points"As You Wish" is the most common definition for AYW on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As You Wish|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AYWWhen I write AYW, I mean this:
What did Westley really mean when he said "AYW"?
Examples of AYW in SentencesHere are examples of AYW being used in conversations:
- Tony: We are going to get married in a church, with hundreds of guests and the biggest wedding dinner the town has ever seen!
- Jordan: AYW, dear. (Here, the use of AYW implies that there may be some disagreement.)
- Tony: You pick up Nick and I'll get Sam.
- Jordan: AYW, sir. (Here, the use of AYW implies that the sender is not happy with being told what to do.)
An Academic Look at AYWAYW is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Why Dublyoo"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
AYW is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), with the meaning "I agree." It is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "your wish is my command" or "whatever you say" instead of using the abbreviation AYW.
Example of AYW Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?