Meaning of AYFR
What Does AYFR Mean?AYFR means "Are You for Real?". The abbreviation AYFR is typically used to express incredulity or shock at something that someone has said or done. AYFR is also sometimes used as a complimentary remark or "chat-up line". For example:
- I can't believe you said that! You're an idiot! AYFR? (Here, AYFR expresses shock.)
- AYFR? I can't believe how perfect you are. (Here, AYFR is being used as a compliment.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for AYFRAYFR means "Are You for Real?". This is the most common definition for AYFR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about AYFR:
|Definition:||Are You for Real?|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for AYFRWhen I write AYFR, I mean this:
AYFR usually expresses increduility.
Examples of AYFR in SentencesHere are examples of AYFR being used in conversations:
- Person A: If they had been of the same generation, Tyson would have whooped Ali, no problem.
- Person B: AYFR?! Ali was the greatest fighter of any generation!
- Person A: I have quit my job and I am going to cycle around the world.
- Person B: AYFR? You're unemployed.
An Academic Look at AYFRAYFR is typically used as an interrogative sentence, with the meaning "Are you telling the truth?".
AYFR is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Why Eff Ar"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "really?" or "honestly?" instead of using the abbreviation AYFR.
A Text with AYFR
Using AYFR on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)