What Does AYEC Mean?AYEC means "At Your Earliest Convenience". The abbreviation AYEC is unusual because it has two meanings that are opposites. Sometimes, AYEC means the same as AYC (At Your Convenience) (i.e., "whenever it suits you" or "whenever you have time"), but it can also be a polite way of saying "as soon as possible" or "as soon as you can". For example:
- Please photocopy these papers AYEC. (This could mean "whenever you've got a minute".)
- Please photocopy these papers AYEC. (This could mean "as soon as possible".)
Summary of Key Points"At Your Earliest Convenience" is the most common definition for AYEC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||At Your Earliest Convenience|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AYECWhen I write AYEC, I mean this:
AYEC can mean "there's no rush" or "hurry". Let context guide you!
Examples of AYEC in SentencesHere are examples of AYEC being used in conversations:
- Boss: Do you have those figures?
- Kath: Sorry, boss. I should have them by tomorrow.
- Boss: Please see me in my office AYEC.
- Rob: Ask the guys to hang on. I'll be there in 15 minutes.
- Tom: Of course, my lord. AYEC.
An Academic Look at AYECAYEC is an adverb of time.
Of note, AYEC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eh Why Ee See), but as this is harder to say than "At Your Earliest Convenience", it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AYEC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "At Your Earliest Convenience" instead of AYEC.
Example of AYEC Used in a Text