What Does AYC Mean?AYC means "At Your Convenience". The abbreviation AYC means "whenever it suits you" or "whenever you have time". It used to imply there is no rush to complete a task or to imply a free schedule and flexibility. For example:
- Please photocopy these papers AYC. (Here, it implies no rush to complete the task.)
- I can meet AYC. (Here, it implies a free schedule and flexibility.)
Summary of Key Points"At Your Convenience" is the most common definition for AYC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||At Your Convenience|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AYCWhen I write AYC, I mean this:
"At Your Convenience"
Examples of AYC in SentencesHere are examples of AYC being used in conversations:
- Rob: Can we meet next week to discuss this?
- Margaret: Of course AYC.
- Claire: Sorry, Dave, I'm running a bit late. See you at half-past?
- Dave: AYC. There's no rush.
An Academic Look at AYCAYC is an adverb of time.
AYC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eh Why See), but as this is harder to say than "At Your Convenience", it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AYC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "At Your Convenience " instead of using the abbreviation AYC.
Example of AYC Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?