What Does ASP Mean?ASP means "At Some Point". The abbreviation ASP is typically used in text-based communications with the meaning "At Some Point"; i.e., at an unspecified moment in time, usually in the future.
Of note, the word ASP was the historic name of the Egyptian Cobra, a highly venomous snake. According to some accounts, in the 1st century BC, following the defeat of her army by the Romans, Queen Cleopatra committed suicide by allowing an ASP to bite her.
Summary of Key Points"At Some Point" is the most common definition for ASP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||At Some Point|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ASPWhen I write ASP, I mean this:
ASP, we have all wanted one of these!
Examples of ASP in SentencesHere are examples of ASP being used in conversations:
- Tony: The Knicks lost again last night!
- Jordan: ASP they are going to have to accept that they need to change the coach.
- Tony: ASP they will wake up and realise what they have done.
- Jordan: Hopefully, he won't have screwed-up everything by then!
An Academic Look at ASPASP is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ess Pee"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
ASP is an adverb of time. An adverb of time states when something happened, will happen or how often it happens.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "One Day", "Soon" or "At Some Point" instead of using ASP.
Example of ASP Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?