What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does APYR Mean?APYR means "As Per Your Request." The phrase, "As Per Your Request" is now generally considered quite old-fashioned. However, it continues to be used in some formal writing with the meaning "As you requested" or "In accordance with your Instructions."
The abbreviation APYR is typically used in text-based messaging with humorous or sarcastic undertones. For example:
- APYR, please find attached another selfie of me looking gorgeous. (Here, APYR is being used humorously.)
- APYR, on your return you will find your clothes in the bin and the door locked. (Here, APYR is being used sarcastically.)
Summary of Key Points"As Per Your Request" is the most common definition for APYR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Per Your Request|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for APYRWhen I write APYR, I mean this:
Ask and thou shalt receive.
Examples of APYR in SentencesHere are some more examples of APYR being used in messages:
- Dear Mr. President, APYR, please find attached our quote for the construction of a big and beautiful wall.
- Dear fans of the Atlanta Falcons, APYR and in order to mark the occasion of your achievements in the 2017 Super Bowl, please find enclosed one big can of whoopass.
An Academic Look at APYRAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Pee Why Ar"), APYR is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
APYR is typically used as an adverb of reason. An adverb of reason modifies a verb to describe why the verb is performed.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "In accordance with your request" or "As per your instructions" instead of using the abbreviation APYR.
Example of APYR Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?