What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does AOT Mean?There are 4 common definitions of the abbreviation AOT:
- As Opposed To. The most popular definition of the abbreviation AOT is "As Opposed To", which is a way of comparing things that are usually related and may be similar. The use of AOT does not always imply a preference on the part of the speaker, but it is often the case that the first option is the preferred one. For example:
- Use oranges AOT lemons.
- Among Other Things. The second most popular definition of the abbreviation AOT is "Among Other Things", which is used for brevity or being vague when listing things from a larger group. For example:
- There were frogs and toads AOT.
- Attack of the Titans. In the world of internet gaming, the abbreviation AOT refers to the popular game "Attack Of The Titans." For example:
- He's a whizz at AOT.
- Ahead Of Time. In computer science, the abbreviation AOT is defined as "Ahead Of Time" compilation, which is the compilation of high-level programming language into a native machine code with the intention of executing the resulting binary file natively. For example:
- Execute it AOT to improve the speed.
Summary of Key Points"As Opposed to" is the most common definition for AOT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||As Opposed to|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AOTWhen I write AOT, I mean this:
"As Opposed To"
Second Definition for AOTThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Among Other Things|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AOT in SentencesHere are examples of AOT being used in conversations:
Using the abbreviation AOT to signify "As Opposed To":
- Sam: I think we should take a chance AOT waiting to see what happens.
- Dave: I disagree. I think we should wait and see AOT to taking such a big risk.
- Sue: He is perfect. AOT he is handsome, sporty and rich.
- Jane: I´m not sure. As far as I can see, AOT he is also vain, lazy and arrogant.
An Academic Look at AOTThe abbreviation AOT is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eh Oh Tee"). Therefore, it is classed as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "As Opposed To" instead of using the abbreviation AOT.
Example of AOT Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?