What Does AMOF Mean?AMOF means "A Matter of Fact". The abbreviation AMOF is typically used in text speak to emphasize a point that has been made. AMOF can also be used to introduce disagreement. For example:
- I know everything about her new boyfriend. As AMOF I have been watching him for some time. (Here, AMOF emphasizes a previous point.)
- You say you were working at the time. As AMOF I have evidence to the contrary. (Here, AMOF introduces disagreement.)
Summary of Key Points"A Matter of Fact" is the most common definition for AMOF on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||A Matter of Fact|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AMOFWhen I write AMOF, I mean this:
AMOF means "A Matter Of Fact".
Examples of AMOF in SentencesHere are examples of AMOF being used in conversations:
- Tom: I read this morning that overweight women die sooner.
- Karen: AMOF there's evidence that husbands that mention being overweight to their wives die even sooner.
- He doesn't know the meaning of fear. As AMOF, he doesn't know the meaning of most words.
An Academic Look at AMOFAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Aay Em Oh Eff"), AMOF is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of AMOF Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?